Bread of Life on NECN:
Bread of Life is a non-sectarian, faith-based ministry serving the communities north of Boston, with a mission to feed the body and to nurture the soul. Founded in 1980 and incorporated as a 501 c 3 non-profit in 1992, Bread of Life is celebrating its 25th year of incorporation and service to the community. Bread of Life brings together over 500 volunteers from our 46 partner organizations and the community at large to offer free food to hungry, homeless, and isolated people. Services include evening meals held four nights a week in Malden, food pantries in Malden and Everett, grocery delivery to over 750 senior citizens in public housing and food delivery to over 150 homeless families sheltered in local motels. Bread of Life serves over 1,000,000 meals and distributes over 2,000,000 pounds of food per year.
Working collaboratively with the BOL’s administrative and program staff, Board of Directors, Capital Campaign Committee, Development Committee, Development Consultant, and volunteers, the Development Coordinator will be primarily responsible for assisting on the coordination of a comprehensive capital campaign currently underway, as well as major gift cultivation and solicitation. The chosen candidate will also assist in the coordination of all capital campaign initiatives including but not limited to, direct mail efforts, social media, public relations/marketing, internal/external communications and special events.
- Assist to establish fundraising priorities and activities and ensure these are realistically planned and met.
- Foster relationships with current and past donors.
- Seek new funding sources.
- Coordinate gift cultivation, solicitation and stewardship.
- As part of a team, assist in soliciting, in person, major gift prospects.
- Assist in developing and implementation of successful direct mail and electronic solicitation.
- Assist to research foundation prospects.
- Assist to prepare and submit capital campaign related grant proposals, and communicate with foundation prospects prior to and after proposal submission.
- Assist in planning and implementation of fund-raising events, including:
- Supervising event design elements, promotion, advertising and logistics.
- Obtain event sponsors.
- Analyzing event fundraising performance.
- Record all gifts and pledges and send acknowledgements in a timely manner.
- Manage the agencies database, keeping it current and clean.
- Coordinate all public relations efforts.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university and/or equivalent prior experience.
- Three to five years of nonprofit fundraising/development or related experience.
- Knowledge of donor database management and customer relationship management systems.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Ability to set and meet goals mutually agreed upon with Management Team.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written communication, research and organizational skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with the Board of Directors, staff, community groups, and other related agencies.
This position is part time (20 hours per week) and no benefits. You will be reporting to the Executive Director, Deputy Executive Director, and working closely with the Development Consultant and Capital Campaign Chairperson.
Compensation commensurate with experience.
Bread of Life is conveniently located near public transportation and has ample parking. Bread of life is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please email a Cover Letter and Resume in PDF or Word format to email@example.com. In the subject please state Development Coordinator Position. We will NOT accept Mailed, Faxed or Dropped Off submissions.
Bread of Life recently earned a spot on GreatNonProfits.org's 2016 Top-Rated List! Bread of Life is now featured on greatnonprofit.org/bread-of-life-2. The official 2016 Top-Rated list will be announced after October 31st.